Saturday, October 28, 2006

Yeah! Its Friday again!!! Soccer Day.


Nothing like a week of hardwork getting paid of in Rest and relaxation on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have been working the "Grave Yard" shift for the pass 4 days. Considering myself the zombie worker since I work from Sunset to before Sunrise and I sleep in the day time. Hmm relating myself to a zombie might be too degratory, at less I don't work mindlessly, aimlessly and slowly. Should call myself the Vampire Technician.

Sometimes the great thing about working here is time and again we get to drop tools and all work and go for sports on friday. "ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKE JACK OR JILL OR RICCARDO A DUMB BOY". Its back to the soccer field today for a game of soccer together with the man in blue (we senior technician) and our counterparts from the Ops side (the FEs and the ACS).

It have been so so long since I last kicked a ball on the pitch and the recent few games really shows how much skills I have already lost. No longer the "garang players" from my old team Sappie Jaws, no longer the brave goal keeper who rush and dive for ball and I lost my most important "Sotong Dribbiling" . A skill once claim to be so aggressive that no player dare to approach me but just stand at a safe distance, waiting for for to loss the ball (usually does). Just need more games to revive those skills that are hidden at the back of my head.

The weekend not only is a great time to rest but also a time to do some personnal work and development. I have so much workplace mini-project and ideas that I am either working on or just having thoughts and plan in my mind but so little time during regular working hours to make things happen. The thing about me is I am only willing and mostly glad to work on weekend on stuff I have inspiration and ambition to complete. If the bosses are going to push any extra job to me thats either not convinicing or just another organizational "BS" to me, rest assure nothing will be done outside my working hours. I would rather be an "Auto-starter" than a "Kick-Starter", finding and choosing my own work rather than having things stuff down my throat. So its rather a smart way to work- Look for something to work on that is going to be a contribution both to the organization and also to personnal development, keep yourself busy with it and probably 'Tai Chi" extra work away from me..

No comments: