Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Riccardo! Stop procastinating and start cleaning!!

Suppose to wake up at 8.30am this morning for breakfast and my long due morning run. Thanks to the super long weekend since last Friday, I have not been going for my routine run for almost 4 days. Very uncomfortable feeling to be out of a healthy fitness routine I have set myself for so many years. Unfortunately, it was raining cat and dogs this morning and many part of Dallas and surrounding county are experiencing flash flood. Temperature is cold at 22 degrees C making me wanna just laz of in my bed further. Woke up at 9.30am instead...

Was brushing my teeth and washing up and notice all the soap scum, dirt and stains in the bath tub on my left, toilet bowl to my left and those red algae growing on the wash basin right in front of me. Seems like its almost 4 months I last did any cleaning up of the bathroom. Everytime it was "Ok, I will clean it tomorrow or no time now but I will definately clean on Sunday". Procastinating and procastinating... Thanks to the rain and the cold temperature outdoor, I decided its either today or never. Man...those stain are really tough but thank god I brought ceramic and tiles cleaner in the past. Still need much effort and "elbow grease" to just to scrub those harden stains out from where it does not belongs to. The toilet bowl is one hell of a chaos with Algae, urine stain from poor aiming and unidentified stain here and there. Makes me wonder how I manage to live through it. Glad to have taken action today and not leaving it untill the next month, year, decades or century. A sparkling clean tub, bowl and basin and super reflective mirror.

The thing about cleaning is if you do it weekly, it does not take much effort at all. Thats call preventive maintenence. If you do it yearly, you gonna need all the stain remover, scrubber, 500 calories, sweaty body and much curse and swear to fix things up. Thats Corrective maintenence or in more close to heart term, CWO (Corrective Work Order).

Nothing like a good sleep and nice clean bathroom after 4 days of holiday at San Marcos and San Antonio. Just right after my holiday in Canada, it was the long weekend holiday. Talk about blessing man... Highlight of my weekend trip was the "Shop Till Drop" experience at San Marcos factory outlet. A Big outdoor shopping area that looks like a military fort or castle! And there was San Antonio where the famous riverwalk is plus the "Shamu" the Killer whale from Seaworld San Antonio. Please visit my online photogallery at to see all the pictures I took during my trip...uncensored.





No comments: