Monday, October 23, 2006

Aim for the Star, hit the moon.


life does sometime force us to take a different route from our dreams. That does not mean that the dream chasing is over. Our job now could just be the stepping stone to achieve our dream or it could create a better dream than what you previously thought off. I always wanted to be Military pilot but end up as a Military Aircraft Technician. I got into my job because my family have a tough time during recession period to support my education in graphic design back than. However even if its not my dream, I got close to it. I get to work with the best people in the technical profession and I get to rub shoulders with our countries best Helicopter pilots (yup, the Chinook pilots are mostly old guards of RSAF with tons of experience from UH-1H, Fennec and Super Puma).

I have almost achieved my dream,I get to be there in the skies, in a military plane and in a military flight suit (they are just so cool). I am close to my ideal dream but I just could not grasp the last handle of the ladder, to be a pilot. My flight times are limited as a technician so I am planning to get even closer to my dream by doing an internal career switch to be a Flight Engineer after my tour of duty in United States. They get to wear flight suit everyday and get to fly all the time, althought not a pilot but equally important to ensure mission sucess. On the otherside of the job, beside all the cosmetic and external packaging of a Flight Engineer, is the challenge of making on the spot decision on the airworthiness of the helicopter and also supporting the pilot in all spectrum of cockpit management. From a simple aircraft start-up procedures to performing winching operation to the more critical emergency landing. The career is much more exciting and adventurous as I get to see all the frontline action, in the hotzone, wield the "sword" forge by our excellent logistic and make a much bigger value contribution to the organization.

If you can't achieve you dream, at less get close to it. Once an old saying "Aim for the star, at less you will hit the moon".

No comments: