Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sis Birthday! She got 2 birthday cake!!!


16th of November, 4 days after me...Today is Sis birthday. Jessie invited us for a combine Birthday dinner at KHA Thai Restaurant located within Hort Park (The Gardening Hub) yesterday evening. Always wanted to try the food there and its kind of a wish come true for me. It was quite a fine dining experience and so was the fine dining bill paid in the end. Really got to thank Jessie for this very very generous birthday treat to both of us. Food was excellent and the the dark sauce duck with mint leaf dish is highly recommended if you ever patronize the restaurant. I would avoid the "Beef Cheek" though for it taste too fatty for my liking. The outdoor patio sitting by the shallow pool give the ideal atmosphere of alfresco dining while admiring the sunset across the Garden. However due to pending rain yesterday, we had to switch to in door dining.


Sis Rachel and Jessie

Its just me and the menu.

Just look at the price!!!

After dinner, we headed to a small little island less than a kilometer south of Singapore, accessible by foot or car through a little causeway...its the Marine At Keppel Bay! Went there for some champagne and birthday cake cutting session for Rachel. Really great place to chill out and I will be patronizing it again all thanks to the cool sea breeze, excellent staff and great view of the water, Yacht and the "Caribbean" houses. Makes me wonder if I could ever earn that kind of money to own the house and Yacht.

Awfully Chocolate Cake is Awfully good!


From left to right to center: Jessie, Rachel, Riccardo and the Chocolate Rum cake from Awfully Chocolate.


I took Chamomile tea before the Champagne and got light shortly. Chamomile makes one calm and sleepy, Champagne makes one wanna sleepy and gasy... the combination of both are pretty intoxicating. End up sleeping in the car all the way back home and headed straight for shower and bed once I got home. As expected, missed my Marathon training run this morning. Well, for the birthday celebration... missing one training day is nothing, can always make up for it during the weekdays.

Today we got another Birthday Cake cutting ceremony for my Sis...this time in the privacy of our apartment. Haha...pretty make up for the 2 years that I missed out while in US. So thats 2 birthday cake for Rachel in the year 2008.






No comments: