Wednesday, November 12, 2008

27 years of existence - Happy Birthday to me

Home with a Birthday Cake just before Midnight.

Ok. I was searching through my blog and realize I blog about my birthday when I am just 25 years and 26 years old. The power of a search tool, little did I know I even blog about my own birthday! Anyway, the clock is 15 minute pass 12 mid-night on the 12th of November 2008. Going by the actual birth time on my birth certificate, I am still a few hours shy of 27 years old. Ahh.....it sure sound like the 26 years old me got just a few hours to live and is writing its final paragraph of Chapter 26 of life.

Looking back, its hard to remember what I achieve in my 27 years of existence. At less I can say I did not disappoint my parents; got a proper education, a decent paying job and decent character. I don't smoke at home ( I still have the habit of 2 stick a month), I am not alcoholic, I am not a chronic gambler and I don't take drugs.

In the past years I slowly see the flaws in me through the mirror. Its a sudden emergent of self conscience that never occur in the past. Sometime I think the few life crisis that happen along the way polish those mirror of life to make one see oneself better. I am grateful to those who are genuine with their critics of my action and behavior, they are the little mentor in life to straighten me in both work and life. Sometime it take someone else to make me realize whats wrong with me. However it sure take a great deal of wisdom to know what are the right teaching and what are not. Never change for the worst, isn't it?

I have to thank a few mentor of my life. There is my former secondary school teacher, a former work supervisor, a former boss, a close working friend, my Sis. Of course there are others who play a small but valuable role in my life development. Eventually, one should grow older with this accumulation of experiences and teachings. Nowadays I'm also turning to books as a guiding light of life. Although its been mostly self actualization books like 7 Habits of Effective People, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, Opening The Door Of Your Heart and Chasing Daylight. I have plans to read biography of famous people to draw inspiration and guidance for they had taken the effort to do their mentoring by writing so its up to the individual to take the effort of reading. It takes 2 hands to clap.

Been academically smart is a breeze but to learn how to work with people in life, thats very tough. Thats learning how to be interdependent not just sticking to been independent (which surely one can't survive for long).

Still a long way to go in this journey called life and I hope to be able to achieve one outrageous plan I always had in mind before this journey ends. To see that happen, I got to make some headway before 28. A Mission Statement and some good value to follow will be a nice start (sound so like my work organization yeah?). Ha ha ha I'm lost though...its the quarter life crisis and its a time when there is so many path to take and its so difficult to make the choice. At less right now I have committed to a higher education starting next year and got a crazy career plan in mind too.

Ahhh.... Yet again, I am too philosophical with my blog today. Something on a lighter note now. Got a Birthday gift from MK and Jie Jie today. Delivered to me by Ah Chan with his bloody finger hurt during work....

Something to wear for next year Halloween!!!

... and also numerous SMS well wishes from friends. Big thank you to all of you! No thanks to my work though for this is the third year I did not go on my Birthday off due to work circumstances one or another.

No comments: