Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Down for 2 days. The good pilot and the car washer.

Overheard through the intercom channels on one of those days I have to be involve in some test flight...

Pilot A: Lets do the controls checks before start up.
Pilot B (Junior): Ok, proceeding.
Pilot A: Just don't push it too fast, we don't want to stress the PTU.
Pilot B (Junior): Yes Sir.

A simple sentence with lots of meaning in it. Absolute respect for Pilot A for his teachings to Pilot B. This is one hell of a maintenance friendly pilot who knew not to push a machine too hard and leave it wet later on. And further to that, my 2 weeks experience with Pilot A reveal that , his concern for not only the Operational flying but also the Maintenance effort of the man on the ground. "Thumbs Up" (People in my business will know who I am referring to).

1 whole week of stress, Two late nights on Friday and Saturday put me down with flu on Sunday evening. I was down and temporary out of work yesterday and same goes for today. Paying S$36 to the medication and consultation for Flu and Fungus (yes, I got a skin fungus near my nose) also gave me an opportunity to rest for 2 days. Apparently, I was slightly lost yesterday not going to work, its like my mind and body was not occupied by activity and in short it was totally boring. End up reading up on Aircraft Power plants maintenance, chatting up with a girl over MSN and playing Castlevania: Order Of Eccelsia on my Nintendo DS Lite.

Given a choice, I would head back to work though for not that my life is now centered to work but there is some shit load of backlog and back end logistic stuff to clear as well. What the hell... 公是做不完的,钱是赚不完的,人是会死的 (Work Never End, Earning Money Never End, Life is short though) , nothing to feel guilty about taking MC and resting for 2 days for a better tomorrow.

Oh... I like to take this free time on MC I had to show appreciation to my dad who held aesthetic cleanliness to the highest standard, for our family vehicle that is :). Little did I realize that every time I (or my sis) drove to work or dating in a sparkling clean car was actually the effort of my dad daily maintenance and cleaning. If it was up to me, I would probably clean it once a week only and at a paid car wash instead (I admit my laziness). Nothing beats the personal cleaning touch of his. THANKS! I think its time to buy a portable washer so he don't have to carry water down all the time.

A man in his 50s loitering around me and my sis car in the carpark...

Turn out to be dad in his morning routine...washing car. Just look at his face, the concentration and absolute emotion while getting the grime out of the rim.


Smile for the camera dad!

No comments: