Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Back to work wednesday





Work work work.... (Peons) Hai-ho Hai-ho and off to work I go....(7 Dwarfs) Gi ve me a job... (Peasants). Still feeling a bit lethargic from the medication though but officially have to go back to work today. 30 days of medical leave a year cannot suka suka consume finish else will look very bad on the record (unless it was some kind of major illness!!! Touch wood...).

One thing about flu medication is it either make you drowsy or make you semi-deaf. I am suffering the latter. Seems like the medication is blocking 50% of my audible senses. Well, gonna take it easy today at work man. Marathon coming in less than 3 weeks time and I better be in tip top condition.

Went running this morning to purge those virus from my body. As learn online, Virus can't survive with high body temperature thats why when you got the flu virus, you will have a mild fever too...its the body natural way of fighting the virus beside the use of pathogens (white blood cells). So nothing to be alarm with the rise in body temperature unless it hit close to 39. Running raise the body temperature but since last evening medication is still taking its effect, I was hardly able to run far at all without mentally stopping myself to a stroll to avoid any complication.

3 comments:

Elvin said...

When exercising, your immune system weakened. Virus would have higher chance of launching counter attack.

A more effective way of increasing body temperature is to eat porridge. Whenever I feel virus, I would eat a bowl of porridge.

Unknown said...

Gosh!!! No wonder I felt worst at work today. Adding fuel to the fire is the air con! Damn. Hey Bro...so you will join us for the 20th Dec dinner and the 27th Paint ball right?

Elvin said...

Nobody mention to me about 20 Dec 08 dinner. I thought the dinner is after paintball.

On 20 Dec, I need to attend wedding dinner.

On 27 Dec after paintball, I need to host my wife's friends from the various Ministry.