Thursday, October 18, 2007

Risk and Judgment

Human are creature of comfort, they get into habit easily and stay in one location almost forever. Most of the time its hard to get out of the comfort zone. People fear risk, taking risk is like taking a dive into a hot lava for many. The fear of losing money, the fear of failing, the fear of death, the fear of injury and the fear of getting caught. There are times when I question myself for doing something crazy, how will others judge me? Play the good, conservative and boring guy all the time, be neutral and receive not judgment at all? Or taking the dip into a the hot lava of risk hoping in turn into a pool of hot chocolate?

I use to fear Judgment for the out of the ordinary thing I did. I felt bad when other say its stupid, it senseless or do I want to get into trouble. So I conform myself to the others around me so far. Like a good piece of jig-saw puzzle that is politically right in the workplace. It brought nothing but just another Joe routine life.

GET OUT OF THE BOX! Take the RISK and fear no JUDGMENT. The only way out of a ordinary life is do some out of the ordinary. Get out of the comfort zone and do something new each week if not every day. Paint a picture, Bungee jump, walk around you office in a Darth Vader costume and play prank on you co-worker, write an article about Risk and Judgment, record your own singing and play back to you or your friend own amusement, drive 100 on a 30 road (hmm...).

Being different either make you famous or notorious. Either good or evil, been different from the others is a kind of special feeling.

This bring me to the topic of acceptance, which is a by-product of judgement...

I think people should accept the way we are and we should accept the way others are.
Unless its something obviously unacceptable like stealing, robbing
car jacking, hacking, murdering, molesting, vandelizing blar blar blar.

Turn out that acceptance is a vague term, what is acceptable by you might not be acceptable by others. Thats why certain people click like magnet while certain people don't.

Sometimes we just have to force ourselves to accept others due to circumstances...for example if that person is your boss. Excuse me? Pay check at risk my dear friends, better accept who he is. But isn't most people wearing a mask of acceptance? They accept each other way just to survive in the job or the social circle. I think so...

No comments: