Friday, August 03, 2007

Secret Admirer?


Please leave down you name, phone number and address the next time miss. I found this note stuck to my car windscreen wiper this afternoon on my way to night shift work. Of course my first reaction was thorough surprise. Only took me a few minutes to realize I just got a new car, a year 2000 Mazda Miata Convertible and I have lots of wacky and prankster colleagues staying around my apartment now so it does not take longer to realize this could be someone pulling a fast one at me.

So the first person that came to my mind was my house mate Ricky. Ask him to write some short notes for me so I could compare the hand writing like CSI. His handwriting did not match. Next guy on my mind who could be so "Bo Liao" was Ah Chan but did not met up with him today. Gonna get his hand writing sample ASAP.

Real or not, I'm not sure. I rather treat it as a prank by my beloved colleague so as not to feel utterly disappointed but also I could be really surprised if it turn out to be a genuine admirer out there!!! Ha ha. To be honest, if it turn out to be real....I think it will be so cool to date a local right here in United States.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week have been a long and hectic work week for me. Each day, my work start at Sunset and I only got back home at Sunrise. My whole body circadian rhythm is hay wire. Sleeping at Sunrise (in the morning) post a serious challenge for my otherwise Active Day Mode body. Working past normal sleeping hours makes me tired and not really 100% mentally tune to handle the paper work while sleeping after sunrise cause me to wake up at noon time and not able to fall a sleep again. Man....just 5 hours of sleep only. Thank god its Friday and the working hours will be earlier but shorter because we will be having a company dinner at night, a treat from the new comers and newly promoted serviceman.

This week my section workload is pretty heavy, some say good business for us. What the fish... The hanger is so humid that I am literally sweating my brown t-shirt wet each night. I think its very unhealthy to be switch shift each week. Just when the body is so tuned to night or day shift work, pass the weekend and into a new work week....the shift is changed and the body have to re tune again.

I hope everyone can just work a normal 8 to 5 or may I suggest 1 month of morning shift and 1 month of night shift? I reckon the body will experience less effect of a unstable circadian rhythm and worker will be more efficient this way. And with so much man power available, more work done can actually be achieved! Collective effort of a full force is better than half a force. Think of it like a battle between a small platoon against a company size adversary, by massing troops at strategic point and with careful planning, 10 man could defeat 100 man (ok...sound very Art Of War) or 300 Spartans could easily defeat the entire Persian empire invasion forces.

No comments: