Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy 42nd Birthday SINGAPORE!!!!

Dear Singapore,

Its been many many months since I last came back to Singapore during my home trip. Much has change during my 1 year absence and I'm sure even more changes be there to surprise me when I am back for another home trip this Christmas. Of course the shocking revelation of the 7% GST (or is it 8%) was quite hard to swallow but compare to Texas, you are still 1.6% behind, so I thank you for the discount.

I think by the time I am back in Singapore for good, next year May, my good friends around me will be married, or having their first child, or even second child, maybe third. Woah... Suddenly everyone is papa and mama already. Some kind of love campaign you are promoting and is that love spell you cast across the nation that people are discovering love and sex more and more? Ok I admit you have make us more liberal by opening your front door and back door to fully embrace western values. Thank god for 7-Eleven in the middle of the night else our island will sink from over population. Anyway, really happy for my friends out there tying the knots or cutting the umbilical cord of their new born or changing the diaper or chasing their 3 years old around the house trying to feed them breakfast lunch and dinner. Children are so active huh? Ok I'll be their GOD FATHER!

Well you are 42 years old, this year is pretty unique hor? No Stadium, No Padang cause the grass are still regrowing so this year decided to held your birthday at Marina Bay, for the first time. I think less LIVE crowd this time but whats the diff? Everyone will be watching LIVE on TV. Not so bad lah. This year, bo bian, I out station at USA else I will celebrate your birthday for you but definitely not gonna be performing for you with drills and marches. Just coke, potato chips, a comfortable couch and my 52 inch Plasma TV. I have enough of Military hoo haa... put me in the cockpit of an F-16 if you insist on my participation, I write HAPPY NATIONAL DAY in the sky with smoke.

You know what I will miss you most of all? All that glutton, sinful food back home. My Roti prata, Mee Pok, Chay Kway Teow, Ice Kacang, Mee Goreng, Chilli Crab, Yong Tau Fu.... United States can never never never face off with our country food without a shameful defeat. We got all the 4 races food power combine that will satisfied any kind of taste buds. Ha ha...when people ask me about you, I talk about food and of course how Chinese, Malay, Indian, Ang Mo and other minority races stayed peacefully under one roof. For me, I like Malay food, I am Chinese, I play soccer with Indian friend and I love to watch Ang Mo show. See, lim peh also multi-racial too!

Oh did I mention the air is much much cleaner now? Thanks to smoking ban here and ban there. Might as well ban everywhere lah... or learn from our SAF "How to effective control smokers - ONE YELLOW BOX". Smoke in the yellow box, share the air in the yellow box...best of all enclosed yellow box...hahahahah. Please, just joking. Don't be a control freak on this guys. There are such thing as considerate smokers and inconsiderate smokers. Those who smoke in front of children or non-smoker (without courtesy of asking) should go smoke their own ass but most people nowadays are educated people like many of my friends and colleague, they know the right time to puff. Lets not associate smoking with negative image of sick people, gangster, cancer or whatever.... I puff 1 stick a month and it actually feel shiok but of course ultimately its still a unhealthy and expensive habit to smoke in the packs.

Ok signing off here. Happy Birthday To You and many many good years ahead. I still like the old Kit Chan's National Day theme song, "HOME"... this song sum up my feelings.


No comments: