Monday, August 06, 2007

My new drive...

10 more months to go, I wonder if I ever come back to USA again although I know chances are high. My Mitsubishi Eclipse is starting to give me more problem. First the dashboard is crack, than water start leaking into my driver side floor board when I turn on the AC, than the strut for the rear hatch broke off and finally the engine mount is worn making the car vibrate a lot at idle. So I sold the car at a lost, S$3000++ after just 11 months of driving. I think paying that amount to drive a sports car that I never get to drive in Singapore is pretty fine to me.

Ok here goes, so I decided to get something more fun, more enjoyable and make me wanna drive it all the time. So I brought a convertible, a 2000 Mazda Miata MX-5 with a 5 gear manual transmission rather than an auto transmission for I got so bored with driving auto. Its 1800cc compare to the 2400cc of my former Mitsubishi Eclipse but its much much more lighter for its a 2 seater car and have a leather convertible roof than a metal one. So light that at the top gear (5th) it still spot impressive acceleration. The engine produce good torque from low to middle rpm but the glory of the drive is release at 5000rpm and above and of course before the red line else risk blowing the engine but I doubt so cause Japanese Engine are make to run well at higher rpm.

Overall the Miata is really one fun little car, small and nimble. I wonder why I did not even consider it in the beginning? I was hopping to get a yellow one but its only for limited edition model which cost more than what I pay for now, in the end settle for a dark green. Its only 12K Singapore dollars. Where to find such deal in Singapore??? I gonna enjoy the drive for this last 10 months before getting back to public transport and motorbike in Singapore.

Isometric view

Side view

Front View

Back Side view

Just gave her a good nice wash, wax and leather treatment this morning. I'm sure she gonna behave well till the end of my tour in USA.

No comments: