Friday, June 30, 2006

Holiday is coming!!!



If all things goes well and if the boss have no objection, everyone in PP Det should be standing down on next Monday, 3rd of July to prepare for Independence Day of 4th of July! No Alien space craft should be flying in our orbit and no Alien's beam bringing their devestating lasers upon our skyscrapers, and there obviously won't be Jeff Goldberg and Will Smith launching nuclear missiles into the mothership. Instead we got the Great Independence Day sales coming up on through weekend to tuesday!

I am not American so I won't be able to appreciate the significants of Independence Day, achieved through many bloody civil war battles, creating their National day. Its simply another Holiday and an excuse to wake up late every morning. Hmm so whats in my shopping list? With a S$2291 allowance coming into the bank account, this list should not be modest.

- Linksys Wireless Router WRT64G to replace the bloody f***up Netgear one I have
- DC Adaptor for my car seat massager. Just got it from Edwin, hmm... good for those long trips.
- Playseats Video Game driving seats... www.playseats.com giving authetic feel to racing games
- A Web cam. So you guys can see me and I can see you online! As good as face to face chat.
- Some fishing lures. Lures are pretty cheap and in wide variety right here! This should help me catch a BASS.

- (Optional) Change my car tires. Your car brakes effectiveness is limited by the amount of traction in your tires. Right now my tires is probably 50% worn and that approx reduce braking traction by 50% which equal to longer braking distance. So my new brakes might be generating for example 100% of braking horse power but the tire could only utilize 50% of it without skidding the tires. 4 tire change should set me back at USD$120. Woah...pretty expensive but for safety, its essential if you considering that I have been smelling burn rubber a couple of time I applied hard braking and the tire skidded a bit (Sorry, no ABS here).

So much for the shopping list. Will be heading out for a fishing trip with fellow colleagues later on. This time heading to Grapevine Lake more than 10 mile West from where I stay. Stand by for the Fishing AAR (After Action Report) later tonight.

No comments: