Saturday, June 03, 2006

Reinforcement has arrived

After a 3 weeks long wait, surviving on "MADE IN US" Food, my shipment boxes from Singapore have finally arrived...


The 19 boxes of food, clothings, electronic stuff which is actually just Playstation 2 plus my library of books was scheduled to arrive at my apartment between 8am to 1pm today, however I was glad that my boxes was the last to be loaded into the truck and thus the delivery man have to send it to me first. Ha ha.... last in, first out.

This mexicans/ hispanios are totally shagged out on their first delivery assignment of the day, I bet my boxes are the heaviest they will encounter for the day. Back in Singapore, they will have the luxury of lift at every floor but we got no HDB flats in the US and most buildings are less than 3 storey high (you can see the skyscrapers and sun rise and sun set far away) so it took lots of sweat and brawns from two "Amigos" to bring the stuff up. The kind person I was, I offer them orange juice to rejuvenate their energy before embarking on their next 9 delivery assignment. I thought my kindness was well appreciated when they say "Gracia Senor" (thank you sir) and they were pretty comfortable in front of the camera while taking the farewell pics....



Later on the day, I realise that all my other colleagues who got their delivery actually gave a US$5 tips! Argghh....hope this two guys don't find me a cheapo.

All of the sudden, my empty apartment is filled with brown boxes and I could hardly manuver in the house. But the thought of the "Presents Opening" ceremony, kept my spirit real high today! So lets check out what I have brought to US to stocked up my kitchen... Its like preparing for war... Its like preparing for a food shortage...








2 years supplies of Can food and Maggi Mee! Thats not all you see in the picture, the rest of the stock are kept in the store room due to lack of cabinet spaces. After the unpacking, lots of empty boxes around, so I decided to be the green enviromental friendly frog to recycle and reuse them...




No comments: