Sunday, June 04, 2006

Silent Hill sux + American open kitchen concept

The great thing about movies here is that 2 to 3 months after it was first screened in theatre, it will next be shown at a "Second Hand" cinema which is offering tickets at US$1 before 6 and US$1.50 . Now don't expect low grade seats or poor image quality, the cinema still is able to afford big comfortable seats since I am a small built Asian, Great image projection and excellent THX surround sound. Tickets are so dirt cheap that I don't even mind falling asleep during the first part of the movie "Silent Hill" which was totally confusing and to mysterious to be absorbed.... its like a cross between matrix and resident evil. The only saving grace for the movie is the gruesome ending and the 1 dollar face value which save lots of curse and swear from me after the screening... SILENT HILL SUX as much as the video games...


Next stop, American style restauraunt for our dinner....the WAFFLE HOUSE!!!



Most American style restaurant here have a open concept kitchen which means the customer could actually see their meal been made. Not that I am afraid that they might spit on my food and sneeze Pee Sai in it, but I find it really interesting concept to watch the entire preparation process from fridge to stove to right in front of me, on the table. Drinks are always free flow here but nowadays I try to limit on those soft drinks cause ever since I am in US, my urine is always tinted yellow...


I could actually take a picture of them at work and send to their boss!!!




We got a friendly but pretty Ah Gua middle edge man call "Tony" taking our orders... I just can't noticing him making 娘娘抢 everytime he spoke to us. Than there was also this chatty Ah ma who might have not seen any Chinese stepping into their restaurant before cause she ask us where we are from.


Friendly Ah ma posing for a shot while "Ah gua" Tony check out his manicure.
Shy dave, Sniggering Gary and Speedy Fingers Hwa Chuan.



"tiko" Chuan and Ricky


Ending here with a pics for you fellow readers to buy 4D....


My "Lao Pok Car" in a private "Reserved" parking lot.


No comments: