Saturday, May 02, 2009

Labour Day is not a holiday :(

This is a week of relieve and a weekend of hardship. Relived for completing my last school test and all I'm awaiting now are 3 back to back examination on the 13th,14th and 15th. A weekend of hardship for Labour day and Saturday burned for working. I forgotten when I ever came in during the weekend to work (must have been ages) and I think this is the first time I worked on a Holiday!!! Ironically its Labour Day... what coincidence. Well, if I am the only one working...its call extra duty but if half of the department people are in with you, its call a National Duty.

Ok, got to tell myself to look on the bright side though. At less I can still work and earn a good living (plus day off for the work), some Singaporean are not so fortunate at all with the gloomy job market and retrenchment going on right now. Of course still feel shitty working on a holiday but for the nation, bo bian lah. For those who came in to work yesterday and today, spirits were high but its physically exhausting to work with those 330 pounds rotorblades. I'm impressed to see that both the junior and the seniors have a singular mind and mission to get the job done well. In the end, I guess everyone just wanna clear the chore and get the hell out of base to enjoy what ever the evening got to offer. Despite some cock up in communication, things still go smoothly with no incident. Thats good...

Sigh... wednesday I will be on a 2 weeks study leave. Work shits are still piling here and there. Exam round the corner. This seems to be a tough month of May for me.

Well, as a hard labour on Labour Day, I got a free flu vacinnation jab courtesy of SAF. Its suppose to block all flu virus in history except, I guess, the current swine flu where a vaccine is still WIP (work in progress). If I catch a flu now... I guess its Swine flu.

Just browsed through some pictures I collected during my tour of duty in USA. This picture strikes me as a very errie resemblance to chucky...

No comments: