Friday, February 16, 2007

MC for CNY Dinner

Just got arrowed on Monday to be the MC for our Base Chinese New Year Dinner which will be happening tomorrow. I was pretty busy with night shift work and by the time I got home, was too tired to make any preparation for it since its already early in the morning 4am. Only got the time to make preparation for tomorrow MC speech just today. In any case, its all about improvisation tomorrow on the stage and I hope the years of talk cock skills I built up and "Not afraid to loss face" attitude will help me survive through the whole process.

Got to not only ensure the smooth flow of the Dinner program but also to do some cultural and heritage sharing of the CNY with our fellow Ang Mo colleague. I really got to introduce them on the most important GOD of Chinese New Year, the GOD OF FORTUNE...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riccardo: Hey Beck, this is 财神爷,the GOD OF FORTUNE.

Beck: ????

Riccardo: Hmmm...maybe you will understand with this picture.

Beck: Oh!! I see now...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A US 100 Dollar bill should do the trick. Anyway, just gonna share with them what we do before Chinese New Year which is Spring Cleaning , Chinese New Year shopping and buying new clothes. The meaning of Reunion Dinner on Chinese New Year eve. The auspicious words of greetings on Chinese New Year, the Mandarin Orange use during Chinese New Year, the Ang Bao given by the elderly and the married couples to Children and Single. Why do we 鱼生 "Yu Sheng"? And the prayers and offerings on the 9th Day of CNY.

Seriously, I have not done a lot of research yet I just hope there will not be a sudden spell of cold silence while I am on the stage.

No comments: