Saturday, February 24, 2007

900cc difference, S$10 000 Difference, Same old Varadero

To be frank, I find driving so so boring and so so confine. Since I started driving to work in US, it have been nothing but a boring morning and evening routine. Maybe I should consider changing my car to a Mazda Miata MX5, Honda Integra or a Corvette or something to spice up the life a bit. Not that my Eclipse is a problematic car or something, just that I am a guy who get bored easily with the same thing after sometime. Even so, my driving taste get short lived quickly with any new cars. Ok put it straight, I don't really love to drive and only drive for point A to B or C to D purpose

HOWEVER!!! One thing that does not bored me is riding bike! More in touch with the element and so much more exciting! Of course I don't mean the meat (or buttock) to the metal (the road) kind of in touch but you know, the element of risk and danger excite a man. Love the wind in the face feeling, the ability to beat any traffic jams just by riding in between car and the oppurtunity to ride any where either on or off road that a car might find it just too tight to squeeze through. Riding a bike is much much more harder than driving as proven by my experience going through the riding course prior to taking the license exam. Think bout it, children knew how to drive bumper car in amusement park easily by themselves but have to hurt their butt when learning how to ride a bicycle. Till now there are some adults who don't even know how to balance on a bicycle but could handle a car with just a few short teaching.

I am teaching my friend driving now, he got zero experience with driving and don't even know the big pedal down there is the brake and the small pedal is the accelerator but he pick up within a day. Not so for Motorbikes I am sure, for unlike a car which only need two hands and two legs coordination (two hands and 1 leg coordination for auto), riding a bike needs the full coordination of two hands, two legs, the body for balance, the head for orientation (where you see is where your bike head into) and lots of confidence.

Will be riding bike when I head back to Singapore. With the savings I accumulate, I should be getting a Varadero XL125V to start with and Upgrade to Varadero XL1000V when I get the ultimate Class 2A license in Singapore.


Small 125cc V Twin Engine on a big frame. The best looking beginner bike in Singapore.



Bigger brother of Varadero 125, the 1000cc V Twin engine, twice the size and twice the fun.

Always wanted to get Varadero XL125V in the past but go no vitamin M for it. Even though I could have went for a Honda Super4 with my Class2A license, I decided to complete my life goal by riding the Varadero XL125V first. Considering that I will have lost touch with riding for 2 years since coming to US, its a good bike to get back some of those lost riding experience. Ultimately it will be the 1000cc monster once I save up more. Hmm, maybe a second US trip in the future will fund for it?

No comments: