Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hokkien Songs


Hokkien Song remind me of my young-kid times when I sat in my father's Honda Civic and he was like blasting Chen Lei songs throughout the trips. There is actually lots of nice hokkien song that we thought are just plain noisy in the past. Now, listening it on the road, blasting like those Ah Bengs, make you feel really different from the mainstreams youngsters. Hokkien song can give you that very mature uncle look.

Ha ha My favourite is still this one... (click on the link for the songs)

爱拼才会赢
lossly translated as "Love to push the limits, and you win".
风很好 means "Weather is F***ing go0d".
有影无 I guess means 'Wu Yia Bo" / "Are you sure? "

Imagine the look of those Ang Mos, especially the Blacks who like to pump up those rap music on the road, when a old car stop besides them and blast Hokkien Song.... ha ha

No comments: