Monday, December 28, 2009

The road to recovery

Its been almost 3 weeks since the fateful day I had a small operation to surgically implant some metal and screws to hold my bones in place. So far things are looking promising. I am walking better as days goes by and the post ops swelling had more or less subsided. There are still some residual swelling on my ankle region which could be the reason I am still looking slightly awkward when I walk. Of course running, jogging and jumping is out of the question in case I risk buckling the metal implants. Climbing the stair is still a slight challenge though and I definately got to use the hand rail.

Judging the condition so far and comparing right to the left, my right ankle still felt stiff and had not totally restore all freedom of movement. Ankle rotation is still a challenge although I am able to push my foot forward and backward well which helps hell alot with the walking. Been taught by Missy to do some exercise to the foot which will ensure speedy recovery.

Will be heading to TTSH once more after the New Year for the Orthopedic Doc to check how well my bone are healing followed by Physiotherapy session tha.

Few days ago, I headed to Yishun Polyclinic to have the 11 sutures removed. The sutures are no longer required since the surgical wound had healed substantially. What the nurse got to do is to cut each individual loop and pull the sutures out from beneath the healed skin. I can really felt the small little sutures moving beneath my skin and had to experience that sensation for 11 time. A bit of ant prick pain here and there but overall nothing too much to endure. The follow pictures show how my stitches looks like 1 week before its remove and how it look like now. Those brown stuff and regular blood clot necessary to stop bleeding and promote healing.

Fresh from the slaughter house.


Dried and BBQed. Ready to be serve....to the nation.

Oh! Just learn that I won prize from a "caption" contest courtesy of Dive Junkie! The winner was announce via Facebook on 21st November but I only recently check my Facebook's Inbox and learn about winning it. Prize was almost given away to someone else but thanks to Jasmine (from Dive Junkie) for holding on for me. YEAH!!! Time to claim the prize!

1 comment:

ytryeyre said...

v
"Tube Air" which is visible in several small Asics Tiger circles on the midsole of the shoe, "Total Air" which is basically just another word for full Air Max cushioning, "Tuned Air," Hogan Shoes which is a system of individual pods supposedly "tuned" to different areas of the foot. Air in the early 1990s which was visible through the bottom of the shoe (although smaller portions of Air units are visible through the bottom of many Air Max models) and another type of Air cushioning is the low profile and very responsive "Zoom Air." Franklin Marshall Sale The symbols of air cushioning is the 1993 model, which the first to have the fully visible heel Air unit that was visible in the back as well as on the sides.