Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cold hard metal to the bone

Went back to Hospital for followup check today and got myself some goodies...

1 metal plate and 8 screws, huat ah!!!

I am confident they fitted high quality metal and screws to my bones, preferbly Titanium Super Alloy. Those screw sure looks like those I fit on the aircraft or brought from the local hardware store. Glad to know that its not those long screw that go through the Fibula (small leg bone) to the Tibia (big leg bone). I always thought the they had fit the screws this way...



Little did I realize that metal implants for bones looks nothing like science fiction, it just regular plain old screws. I'm sure it makes lots of sound when its drilled through the bones.

Still felt dull pain coming from the broken bone area. Doc told me that its normal to still felt the pain and it should get better as the bone and muscle heals. Apparently, the surgeon had to cut through some muscles and internal flesh to reach the bones and that, according to doc, explain the pain I'm still having.

Still walk funny though and its an unavoidable posture that attracts a certain among of attention from others, especially children who find it interesting (or weird) that human being walk this funny way.

No comments: