Thursday, December 17, 2009

POD +6, Post Operation Day 6.

Feeling really good today as I did not rely on crutches to walk around the house for the whole day. Its tiring on my recovering left leg to walk for prolong period of time, it felt like 4 time the effort and energy just to walk but it sure is satisfying to know I can be on my own feet now. Still a long way to go before I can walk like an adult instead of an old man so nutrition, light walking exercise around the house and rest is still the priority. Oh...I'm starting to drive now thanks to the smaller wound dressings on my leg. My road power is back hooray!!! Driving round the neighborhood to the Polyclinic for wound redressing. My right leg felt so different...

Two Syndesmotic screw, that all that is holding, aligning and stabilizing the fracture fibula bones. Its a weird feeling, I can constantly felt its presence in my leg. Felt like some hard object pushing against my muscles which is definitely not my bone since I am accustomed to bone sensation for the past 28 years of Earth existence. The Orthopedic doc told me that the Syndesmotic screw will stay in my leg permanantly, will be with me for the rest of my life unless I lost the limb. Checking out on the Internet however reveal that some victims got the screw taken out after 6 months post surgery. Keeping my finger cross for any outcomes.

While browsing the webby to know more about my current situation and how I could better self-physiotherapy myself back to normal life, I came across this website where people with broken leg gathers and share their stories and knowledge in cast or in screws. Think its pretty informative especially for first-timer (bone breaker) who got much fear, doubts and mystery in their mind surrounding their broken bones. Trust me, you question your condition no matter how good the medical care was. Think a good page to start on will the the FAQ section of the website.


Surgery stitches are healing well and I will be removing my stitches right after Christmas. Yet another bodily experience to go through, pulling threads out of the flesh.

Wound dressing over the stitches. The swelling on the ankle had subsided thanks to massage and Hirudoid cream. Glad my leg hair survived under the casts.

No comments: