Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Casted: Day 3

Been on the cast for 3 days and thank goodness it didn't start to smell or get really itchy as suppose to be expected. The simple modern day convenience of computer chairs and wireless remote controls had now become a "must have" items in the house. Without the remote control, I would have to limp myself to the TV each time I wanna turn it on/off, switch channel or adjust the volume. Without the computer chairs, moving around the house would be so tiring.

I am kinda surprise that I am handling all the challenges of mobility well so far. Had been able to take shower every morning with little assistance, moving around the kitchen to make coffee, getting on the PC, getting on the Nintendo Wii, building up my modern kit with the sudden excess freetime I got. Good thing the apartment is small but spaces are wide enough to move around and most items of necessity are within arm length grab (sometimes a bit of stretching). Still getting use to those heavy plaster cast on my right leg though and I hope it will be change to a fiberglass cast during my followup appointment at TTSH on Friday. Felt like I been chain to an iron ball.

So this long period of absense will be a good one to recover from certain depression and frustration with certain organization. Be a time for reflection and realignment of the thought process. I wonder if things (or accident) happen for a good reason? Last Friday and in fact for the whole 2 weeks after getting back from school examination to work, I had not been in the best of mood and motivation and almost chewed up one of my senior with nasty words. I had been a source of negativity among the juniors. On the last day of long weekend I got a bone fracture that put me out of one misery. Its as though some mightier being up there realize that this boy couldn't survive another few weeks without hurting more people along the way thus mightier being decide to give a little painful fracture and many weeks of peaceful times away from the organization. Oh well, call me and imaginator or story teller or whatever but I certainly felt the injury couldn't had come in the most appropriate time.

Had to put my thanks here to Jack and Sea who dropped by my place to had some work admin issues sort out. Ed, our under appreciated and misunderstood junior will be holding the fort as the skipper right now and I'm sure that without my presensce, his contribution and work will be better recgonized. Kage as usual will be confined to improving our productivity in front of the computer screen and finally our two very junior guy, Caveman and Yammy, will be the important left and right winger. I hope all of them learn more under this "pressured" period and I apologize if I couldn't be aiding them for the time being.

Tonight dinner: KFC delivery...

No comments: