Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life is full of ups and downs

Oh yes. Life. Its full of ups and downs, two mutually co-existing forces of life without so we will not have such exciting times from birth to death. Sometimes the frequency of ups and downs can be too much to handle if it all falls within a day...

The morning started rather refreshing, I slept a good full 8 hours of sleep...something I never achieve on the weekdays. Checked out the e-mail in the morning and got the good news that my little project got awarded with $$$$ for the section. Great, the money will come in handy for the juniors who always got some bright ideas but no $$$$ to implement. Thats an up.

Midway through the morning. My work properties are raided by the "old man". Looks like I made a mistake with some equipment due dates and its way over due. It was so co-incidentally spotted during a spot check that I too was surprise I had made such mistakes. Its good thing actually to be discovered but it sure ruin my morning knowing that I screwed up because of some typo error in some database. Needless to say, when one goes around digging for problem...more problem surface out. Got a good handful of problem to cure now. That a down.

Come afternoon. Some little competition which I shall not elaborate too much. Simply said, it involve a vehicle and a wide ass cargo plus some cones in place as obstacles. The crowd cheered for our team was the fastest to clear the obstacles. I felt the depressing morning was salvage thanks to the encouraging spectators. An up for the day.

Next came the competition judgement. Looks like I nearly ran over "A" at the start of the round and "A" nearly got himself ran over at the end of the round. Despite speed, we got penalized in the safety aspect of it. Ok, I admit I nearly got "A" killed but there is nothing wrong with "A" picking up the vehicle choke while its still in motion? In the spirit of competition, I think its fine and to be damn honest, isn't that what we all do when the operational moods and tempo set in? To compress the steps (not skip) to get things done? Suddenly, its a down for the day.

The day ended at work and the day begin for school. Showered, change and headed off to the mess to get Chay Kway Teow for dinner. A cook with a pissed face and no Chay Kway Teow for the evening. What a down....

Went for duck rice along Sembawang road. Recieve an SMS from "old man" that boss is pretty upset about what happen in the morning. Gosh...upset? There are more things to be upset about than what happen to me. Why the hell tell me the boss is upset? Come on, human make mistake and I don't think my mistake had killed anyone or birds in the process? I hope people don't get overly judgemental on another just because of one mistake which is just an isolated mistake. Yup...I guess my track record is suddenly tainted. To be frank I am bloody pissed off with that SMS! Just wanna make me feel bad about it as though I don't feel bad enough? Come on, I too also wanna keep things in order and get my job done well. So I suppose its wise not to play the psychological game and try pushing me into a corner of guilt. Push the button hard enough, it will break and it will not function the next time. There are already many disfunctional "buttons" in the empire, please don't create another one. The SMS was the down of the day.

Sometime I find myself very defensive especially when others find fault in me. Often I tell myself to step back, cool down and listen. I like to apologize to Encik "F" for getting so worked up and emotional each time he pointed out the problems in the work I am incharge off. He is definately patience and understanding of this flared up young adult and spend that extra time to soothe those flames. You got my respect sir and I thank you for keeping a check my work stuff. Thanks for understanding that I got only two hands, 1 head and 1 brain but lots of things to handle on hand. Boy....my temper, its an area I got to work on.

Thank God Its Friday.

No comments: