Friday, September 28, 2007

Atrocities in Myannmar

Extracted from http://ko-htike.blogspot.com/ , a blog about the Atrocities of the Military Government of Myannmar

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is what i got from my mail and telling what was happening with him on 27/09/07

Below is an actual of what had happen yesterday on 27/9/07.

I am a Singaporean working in Myanmar for the past 11 years.I was on my way to office( near Thuwana area) at around 4 to 4.30pm when the riot police block the road near "Super one, ILBC area". I stop my car with my wife and walk out. suddenly riot police and soldiers drove the truck around the corner and start firing shots at the crowd. we quickly ran to the side and squat down near the wall.The soldiers came down and start to shoot at us. I was shot twice but i did not know what hit me. My both leg were bruised. the soldiers and police kicked us and the rest of the crowds into the drain and shouted that they would kill us if we look at them.

We were forced to stay in the drain for 15 mins and gather by the into a group.A commander came and gather his troops and drove off to Tamwe direction.After that ,i looked at my injures and and found injures on my left and right legs.My wife found the "40mm riot control munnition" empty cartridge that the soldiers shoot at me.I would like the embassy and media to know the actions of this army.We are just ordinary citizen going to work and they just shot at us for no reason.Imagine what they would do to the protesters!

I would like the Singapore government would make a strong stand against this violence crack down on the monks and people.attached is the photo of my injures .I have been attended by a private doctor on my injures.The doctor said i was very lucky that the shot missed the groin area.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is our government going to do about our people getting assualted by police and soldiers of another country? Sit back, wait and do nothing untill a Singaporean get killed?? I think South East Asia should form a Coalition Force and liberate Myanmmar. Assualting the citizen is one thing but even the peaceful monk?

No comments: