Sunday, May 13, 2007

Texas Hold Em...I lost today.

From left: Garfield the "Predictable", Yishun the "Chip Illusionist", Kok Meng "The Paralyzed Analyzer" and Ricky the "Giant Killer".


Yes man, admit defeat for the lack of concentration and lack of bluffing, counter bluffing and counter counter bluffing in the game. Lost 4 out of 4 TEXAS HOLD'EM games today but at less the buy in for each games is only US$5. Such small among is trivia to me when I consider that its a good way to have social gathering at my house and also get an insight into my fellow psychological mindset when they are under stress. Also, I learn how to be a good host too!!!

Kok Meng as usual like to analyze and analyze till he become paralyze sometimes. Like to "ALL IN" for NOTHING.

Ricky is cool as cucumber and as usual the biggest winner for the day, 2 out of 4 games. Nick name the giant killer for his "against all odds" of crashing player with overwhelming amount of chips.

John is pretty quiet at the table, not much of trash talking like me. A calm player. Did better today grabbing the 2nd place twice. Luck getting better and better each week. Like to keep chip under the table in an effort to trick others that he is low on chip.

Garfield never bluff. So it make him predictable but not today... he evolve into another creature and all past trending of his playing style does not work today. Lost all my chips to him twice by a 3 pair and a 2 pair... worst suit for him to win but he did it.

As for me, I hope I could one day get an Oscar award for bluffing my way through the games.

No comments: