Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Right Ankle Sprain, Left Knee Cap Pain

What a way to begin the second day of the New Year. Instead of working today, everyone from our Base have a morning session of sports at Cimarron Park. Probably due to the passing of former US President Gerald Ford, all the Ang Mo from our base decicided to pay their last respect by taking an off day.

The Day could not have been more painful than I thought, althought its a R&R session of Basketball and soccer. I amazed myself by how prone to injury I am. Instead of getting injured in a Basketball game, I step into a pot hole on the grass patch and sprained my right ankle. The old injury reoccur again. Just sprained that same right ankle from stepping into a pot hole a month ago and now it happen again.

Continue on with the game after the pain subside (sensation is still there) and use much of my left leg for all the jumping and fast break. Guess my left leg never took this kind of punishment when my right leg was still at its 100% in the past cause after the game, I got a weird feeling from my right kneecap and when I sit down, squat down or bend my left leg... its painful.

The cold weather aggravate sports injury. Other than my misfortune, one of our guys sprained his back during the basketball game and have to be send to a doctor. Learn a tip, during this cold weather...a hot shower on the injured area will help soothe the pain.

After many weeks of night shift and almost turning into a night creature myself, I am finally back to the Day Shift from tomorrow onwards.

No comments: