Saturday, May 13, 2006

Home cooking hazard

Tried home cooking for the first time yesterday morning. I have been boosting about my cooking skill to my room mates for the pass few days to his delight. Now its the time to walk the walk instead of talk to talk. Cooking is routine for me cause I have done much cooking, mostly western style breakfast, back in Singapore. Got a couple of garlic bread, sausauges and mixed vegetable pack the day before so I do not have to wake up early to the supermarket. By the way, we got a big fridge here that is only at 30% capacity!

Thanks to those guys who are leaving U.S, I took over some pots and pans from them, otherwise I am sure we both will still be eating out for breakfast. Breakfast prepared within 20mins. Italian Sausages with eggs and garlic bread+ veges. Oh boy, I sure make a good house husband in the future...I thought...

Than it was the taste test. We took one bite of the italian sausage and whatever that was in the sausage buffled us. This is the first time I cook and ate american sausage (previously was mostly Germans) and it look pretty raw in there although it have been cook over infernos for more than 10mins. Ricky (my room mate) ask me if anything was wrong, I took another bite, it still taste a bit wierd... unlike german sausage which taste really solid, this one taste like grounded meat.

To ensure that Ricky will not loss faith in my cooking and to prevent a total prohibition to any of my future cooking for the next 713 days in U.S, I kept my finger cross, gave him a really assuring look and said "ITS WELL COOKED!!!". It have been 2 days, so far nothing have happen to him or me. Phew...

Sausage= Pork
Hotdog= Beef
Bacon= Comfirm is pork...

Tommorrow I gonna make Bacon breakfast...

No comments: