Saturday, May 13, 2006

An E-mail to my sis

Hi Sis,

The weather is pretty weird right here. The first few days was freaking cold than 2 days ago it was hot and humid. Than there was hailstones and destructive thunder storm 80miles north of our area yesterday, causing tons of destruction but gladly no civilian casualties. Don't worry, the weather might be extreme but your brother is still save and sound. Good food, nice apartment, nice bed and great colleagues to work with. Will send you some pictures when I get my lap top and internet connection up.

I can't comment much about the working style right here but from what I look, everyone seems to be quite relax at work right here. Maybe is the weather or maybe it just a U.S culture we guys got into after 10 years of US overseas detachment experience. I have not officially started work yet and is still currently undergoing orientation program.

Yup. Felt pretty pressured to always have my colleague/senior LEO to "tompang" me to and fro work. Fortunately I have will be getting a cheap car for transport really soon. Just test drove my section-mate, Leng Chuan's Ford Taurus yesterday and I am sure I will be buying over his car (he is switching to Integra). It only cost S$1200+ for a 1995 V6 3.2L sedan. I am sure there is no such deals in Singapore. The car might be a bit old but it will serve as a good point A to B vehicle untill November when I will be taking over anothers colleague Acura Integra. This will alsohelp me save up on the cash and avoid taking Financing for a much more expensive cars. What do you think of mine plan? In any case, will need to get a Texas driving license before I start driving around here.

Work gonna start now....its 11am right here....take care. Gonna go!!! Bye!!! Take care of Mum and Dad and of course Mian Mian and Da Mian!

Sincere,
Bro.

No comments: