Monday, April 17, 2006

Singapore is bloody hot today!

Having spend almost 1 week of my leave out of the sun, I suffer the wrath of the sun god today. Return to my Air Base today to get my oversea detachment clearance forms signed which involve lots of walking from point to point under the sun. You see, our Air Base is neutral in political stance, nither supporting PAP nor Chiam See Tong thus we guys have to endure at the end of the Q, behind Potong Pasir for sheltered walkways and lift at every floor.

The blazing afternoon sun threaten to boil my blood and BBQ my internal organs. In this tropical equatorial weather, wearing coveralls is like subjecting the body to the pressure cooker. I was literally going through a sauna for the whole afternoon moving back and forth to get the signiture else no air tickets to texas for me. Each aircon room I entered was a pit stop for me.

Guess I have spend too much time relaxing indoor and mostly doing work out in air con gyms and running in the evening when the sun is at its weakest. Slacking...

Well just less than a month to go before heading for the US. Although our lovely country is noctoriously humid and hot, the day and night temperature does not fauctuate too much. Just did a little bit of research and learn that the tempature difference between day and night is at less 8 degrees or more! Eg. Day= 26 , Night= 13. This kind of weather is gonna take a while to get use to.

Have standby lotsa flu and fever medicine. Expecting to fall sick for the first few weeks in US while my body retune itself to the weather.

No comments: