Wednesday, April 12, 2006

He talk as thought I own him a lot... CMI!

Below is an e-mail exchange between me and a potential buyer. Very high pressure sales technique he is employing. I have not even promise him anything yet and the way he "shoot" me in the E-mail was like a 6 years old kid whining... Sorry readers, you have to read from the bottom section first as this is a cut and paste e-mail from my yahoo account. Cannot Make It man, this kind of people. If this is a million dollar business, I will have call off the deal with his unconcrete accuse.


Hi Vincent,

I guess we have to call off this deal since you insisted on the buy price of S$2600. I hope this is not the first time you are buying bike from private buyers as I am being very accommodating in this deal even to the point of pre-empting you that the deal might not go through if someone offer a higher price before the signing of the agreement.

Its always easier to buy from the bike shop and cut down all the talking and tougue maneuvers but the price is always higher and most people kanna chop chop chop. As for buying and selling through private avenues, there is bound to be a lot of exchange of words, price negotiation, bike viewing with different sellers or buyers before the deal is ever close. It tend to demand much more effort but buyer/seller get better deals and bargain compare from bike shop. The worst that can happen is the buyer lack of experience which cause him to buy a problematic bike or someone taking your money and run away dishonoring the deal. In short, its not a walk in the park selling/buying bike through private channel. I have been dealing with private buyers and sellers for all my past 5 bikes and being through the good and the bad. I sure hope that your whining was more of a lack of exposure rather than a character problem, you should really look at the way you reply SMS and E-mail through a mirror…

I did not realise that you have call off others good "Wave" deals and I am even more oblivious to the fact the I actually did agree/promise to sell you the bike. What I like to defend is that through the period from the time we start talking about the buying of my Honda Wave to right now, writing this e-mail is still all part of the negotiation process and nothing was even finalize.

I am really sorry that you have to blame me for all the inconvenience and even have to educated me a thing or two about verbal agreement or SMS being binding in court. I am sorry too that you to be disappointed twice throughout the negotiation. Thus I apologize for my ignorant. Oh, also apologize for wasting you precious million dollar time. Oh by the way, how have I taken advantage of you? I am curious to know so I can be apologetic again…

Thank you for complementing my bike. Yes it’s very well taken care of and have not disappoint many well intended buyers so far. Thank you for all the e-mail and thank you for letting me call of this deal. Bye!!!

Sincere,Riccardo Tan

P/S: I think you make a really good hostage taker. Negotiation don't work with you...
I think you make a really good hostage taker. When Negotiation fails, you ask for more ransom…


"Chua, Vincent" wrote:

I am sorry to inform u in singapore, any verbal agreement (or sms in this case) is binding in court.
but of course, this is too small a sum to talk about law.

anyway, like i told u, since u had agreed to sell me at that price, i had rejected offers for other waves.
and the time i wasted waiting for u and not sourcing for other deal is really not my type of fun.

i will still stick to my below offer.
Thank you. good luck selling ur bike. it is a nice bike.

Best Regards
-----------------------------------------------
Vincent Chua
QA Engineer
Sulzer Chemtech Pte Ltd
11 Tuas Ave 18, Singapore 638895
Tel (65) 68635492, Fax (65) 68611516
Email mailto:Vincent.chua@Sulzer.com
Internet http://www.SulzerChemtech.com
-----------------------------------------------


From: Riccardo Tan [mailto:majmoron@yahoo.com] Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:43 PMTo: Chua, Vincent

Subject: RE: Bike Sales Agreement (template) from Riccardo

Hi Vincent,

Cool down my friend. We have not sign any agreement let alone a verbal promise yet thats why I wrote the following in my previous e-mail,"I would also like to inform you that any offer of S$3000 before the signing of our agreement will be entertained by me. Just need to let you know earlier to avoid disappointment. In the meantime, the price is $2800 for you."Nothing is comfirm untill the bike changes hands or any black and white are signed. Which means right untill saturday, any deal that comes by for my bike at S$3000 will be entertained. It will definately be a different story if I back out of the deal when I have already met you up this coming saturday and sign the agreement plus collected the deposit. Such action will be consider dishonest and not honoring the deal.I hope that clears up any misunderstanding in the e-mail. My price will be firmly S$2800 for you upon signing of the agreement. I am leaving for US soon and as much as you want to buy over the bike, I too like to sell it off ASAP.

Sincere,Riccardo Tan

"Chua, Vincent" wrote:

Dear Riccardo,
i really cannot believe that after agreeing to the deal twice, you would still want to try and sell
your bike leaving me hanging.
out of goodwill, i gave u the extention till month end to to do the transaction, paying the transfer fee
and to pay the hefty $500 deposit. but u still want to take my advantage and try to sell ur bike before inking the deal.
Had i know this would happen, i would not hv pass out other deals that had came my way. because i had trusted
your integrity.

Now, if u really are sincere in selling me the bike, i would only offer $2600.
And this is only if u Really are selling.

Thank you.

Best Regards
-----------------------------------------------
Vincent Chua
QA Engineer
Sulzer Chemtech Pte Ltd
11 Tuas Ave 18, Singapore 638895
Tel (65) 68635492, Fax (65) 68611516
Email mailto:Vincent.chua@Sulzer.com
Internet http://www.SulzerChemtech.com
-----------------------------------------------


From: Riccardo Tan [mailto:majmoron@yahoo.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:17 PMTo: Chua, VincentCc: majmoron@yahoo.comSubject: RE: Bike Sales Agreement (template) from Riccardo

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your reply. I will make the required changes to the agreement prior to our saturday meeting. I will also pass you the log card on saturday so you can purchase your insurance.The bike cost S$3600 flat without Insurance and Road tax. Plate number is FZ4494Z. I will call you again on Friday evening to arrange our meeting time and place. Tentatively will be at Orchard, Cineleisure.I would also like to inform you that any offer of S$3000 before the signing of our agreement will be entertained by me. Just need to let you know earlier to avoid disappointment.

In the meantime, the price is $2800 for you.

Sincere,Riccardo Tan

"Chua, Vincent" wrote:

dear Riccardo,
i like to change 2 things in the agreement.

1. pls remove clause number 4. or just state generally "the transaction should be done latest by May 2006"
2. pls add in clause 4 "any traffic violation/s or summon/s for this vehicle before the transaction date will be solely
the responsibility of the seller"

thank you. i will fill in my details when we meet this sat. will pass u the $500 cash (it is quite a hefty deposit).
pls also bring along the original bike log card for me to purchase the insurance.
wat is the bike number? i like to check the transfer fee. thanks.

U mentioned 3600 flat. does this include insurance and transfer fee?

Best Regards
-----------------------------------------------
Vincent Chua
QA Engineer
Sulzer Chemtech Pte Ltd
11 Tuas Ave 18, Singapore 638895
Tel (65) 68635492, Fax (65) 68611516
Email mailto:Vincent.chua@Sulzer.com
Internet http://www.SulzerChemtech.com
-----------------------------------------------


From: Riccardo Tan [mailto:majmoron@yahoo.com] Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 2:05 PMTo: Chua, VincentSubject: Bike Sales Agreement (template) from Riccardo

Hi Vincent,

Please check out the e-mail attachment. Its an example of the written agreement you will be signing to secure the purchase of my Honda Wave R. You will have to pay a deposit of S$500 to me first.

If you are fine with the document, please provide me with the following details,
Name:
IC:
Address:

Sincere,Riccardo Tan
9xxxx

No comments: