Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2 words to explain the importance of good listening.

Been sick since day 1 of school last week and I'm just only recovering yesterday. Its not a good feeling to start the whole school semester 抱病在身。Really got to pop Strepsils once every two hours to cure the cough. Funny thing is, I still head down to Party World for karaoke last Saturday! Had a really good time though with great company. Recently there is forest fire in Indonesia (again) and the slight haze is making my cough worst. Good thing this 2 weeks, I am attending SEP course which give me a break from work and time to heal the illness. I hope I recover in time for wednesday :)

Learn something interesting today that I would like to share... its extracted from my leadership course text book. I think its something very meaningful and useful we all need to learn in life.


The key to good communication is not about how well a person talk, the most crucial stage is the first stage of good listening. The tradition of good listening had diluted over time and got simplified. Over times, the essence of good listening in us gets lost.

I am sometime guilty of it and was nicely reminded to listen by someone. One mouth, one ear and one brain. We must use them in the correct order. I learning to write in my mind traditional Chinese world of "listen" today. Do take a moment and simply compare this two characters of the same sound and meaning. Which character would you wanna be today?

"To listen first is to understand and develop a better plans to lead. The first step to the success of every mission is to plan .To execute the plan, you need the man. To lead the man, you need to understand. Thus the first step is naturally to LISTEN"

No comments: