Friday, September 12, 2008

So happy!!! Friday off!!! Go run and stomachache...

Woke up this morning, ready for work. I check my mobile and read the SMS send last night. Turn out that I am ask to go on off day today! Now I can proudly shout TGIF!!! Thank God Its Friday!!!

Since I had my breakfast without realizing I could have slept through the morning and its only 7.30am after reading the SMS. I decided to go for my 18km training run from my home to Sembawang Park and back.

Not a good morning for the run when half way through it started to rain. Rain become drizzle and drizzle turn to mist thus I continue to run towards Sembawang Park again. Suddenly I got a stomachache, the late night chicken rice and this morning breakfast of egg and bread from the churning up down left right. I have to find a washroom! Turn out that all the toilet in hawker center/kopitiam are far from world class!!! Got toilet, no toilet paper and for those that had toilet paper, you have to pay 10 cents. Damn, I don't even carry cash while running, let alone coins.

Don't know if it is their way of deterrence people from bombing the toilet or what but its totally ridiculous. Imagine dining at the hawker center/kopitiam and suddenly need to do big business and found there is no toilet people....that can be desperate situation depend on the "pressure".

Almost cannot tahan and almost breaking my limit (no joke) when alas I saw the big yellow M!!! Yes, MacDonald....a world class franchise, I'm confident they have toilet paper!!! I was not disappointed....air conditioned toilet, clean seats, lots of toilet paper and air freshener. Kudos to MacDonald for saving my running day.

The rest of the run was pretty good. Strangely after releasing the big burden inside me, weather become sunny and I could run better. Competed the 18km route without any incidents. I sure hope the hawker center/kopitiam in Singapore wake up their idea not for free visitor like me but really for the food patrons. PLEASE HANG SOME TOILET PAPER!!!

No comments: