Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Blue Dragon Foundation

I am planning for a backpacking trip to Hanoi Vietnam and maybe Ho Chin Minh City in January 2008. So far, I have only been skimming along the surface of my research with no concrete itinerary of where I like to visit other than hanging around Hanoi itself. The thought of a renting a motorbike to ride around the country came to my mind and thus I googled the subject, hoping to find forums or website of people with similar experience. Turn up a couple of website in the search and surprisingly, there is this motorbike rental company by the name of "VIP Motorbike Rental" that is working in conjunction with "Blue Dragon Children's foundation" to provide disadvantaged children of Vietnam with free training and job as a mechanic. As I further explore the various link on this website...





... I learn that many poor Vietnamese children are either conned and than trafficked to big cities around Vietnam exploited as child slave, long hours of work and without pay. One of "Blue Dragon Children's Foundation" mission is to rescue this children, bring them under the care of the foundation with education and job training and ultimately break them out of the poverty cycle.



Well I will most likely be renting a motorbike in Hanoi to travel round the city for a day and definitely will be renting it from VIP Motor Bike Rental in support of Blue Dragon Children Foundation and its children. Right now, I will be adding a visit to Blue Dragon Children Foundation as part of my itinerary in Vietnam.

No comments: