Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Do you know where is Singapore??

Went to a bank one day to ask about closing my bank account. I told the banker I was going to leave the country soon and like to close off the account and cancel all my credit card. She ask where I am heading back to and I mention Singapore...

Banker: Oh!!! Singapore!!! I always wanted to be there. Let me get away from the hot summer here.

Riccardo: Well Singapore is 24/7 summer missy. Its hot and humid.

Banker: Still a good place for a getaway.

Riccardo: I'm not too sure, people are trying to get out of the country.

Banker: But you country is so big!!! and you guys are going to host the Olympic this year, I'm sure it will be really cool to visit your country.

Riccardo: oh, I see... (sigh)

This customer service officer c.u.m banker really "overserviced". One thing I learn is you must take Ang Mo statement with a grain of salt. Either they are clueless of where I come from or they just make up stuff to patronize me. For the last time! SINGAPORE is at a south tip of South East Asia, surrounded by Indonesia and Malaysia. SINGAPORE is bloody small dot and if she is located in China, it would become a insignificant no man land. And if the Ang Mo is still clueless, I have to remind them about Vietnam War and how many thousand of miles south from the action of the 70s are we away from. And please, doesn't mean I am Chinese means I must be stereotype to be from China ( or my Indian colleague must be from India). Blame it to the tons of MADE IN CHINA product that the world cannot live without.

1 comment:

Elvin said...

You remember the book by a local author "Is Singapore somewhere in China?"?