Monday, February 27, 2006

A good comment on my blog,

Once in a blue moon, I have vistors make comment to articles in my blog. So once in a blue moon, I will publish them... This fellow blogger "online" name is Velle and you can visit her blog at http://velle.blogspot.com/

Hey there...

I'm a Singaporean living in Canberra, so I've been listening with interest on the whole Qantas-SIA thing... and I agree that it's a crying shame that Qantas won't let SIA in. (I have a vested interest of course, being a Krisflyer member!)

However, I don't think their refusal stems from the Nguyen hanging (that amused me heaps), nor from their seeming ignorance on what the latest Airbus can do.

Rather, I think it's a huge kneejerk reaction to placate the Australia public (that in a large part I feel is fiercely loyal to Qantas the way we are to SIA), and to protect their cash cow. Apparently the Sydney-LA route accounts for 15-20% of Qantas's profit.

Unfair, sure. But there's talks to let Virgin Blue (Australia's budget airline) fly from Sydney to LA, although that might mean having VB link up with Virgin Atlantic... and SIA does own 49% of the latter. ;)

By Velle, at 2:08 PM

and my respone...

Hi Velle! Thanks for your comment. In any case, my blog Article on the recent Qantas vs SIA vs Australia government issue was really a personnal, out of the heart, spontaneous reaction to the news article I read.

Shortly after the announcement, someone actually wrote to TODAY newspaper and mention that it is the symptoms of Ang Mo Supremacy or "Post Ang Mo Colonization Age Syndrome". In short, racist against Asian.

It will be interesting to see how the Dubai "Port take over team" vs US Port and US Congress and US people turn out. But the reaction already shows many thing...

By Riccardo Tan, at 3:14 AM


No comments: