Friday, February 24, 2006

Garang Little Honey Bee....Ouch!

22/02/06

Dear blog,

It was a mighty hot and humid day and I am off for my afternoon shift. So hot that I have to ride to work with my helmet visor "flipped up" to enjoy that little amount of breeze in the air. It was wednesday and I am already counting down for Friday. It was a boring journey to work, same old road, same old turn, same old hill to ride up to my work place. Boring, uneventful, I thought.

Just when the bordom is going to degrade my brain cells further a strangle little black object just smack into my face while I was negotiating the up slope turns up to Sembawang Airbase. Felt like some kind of shit hitting my face again but this shit can move! A sharp sensation near my right eye almost cause me to lost control of my bike and treaten to send me tumbling down slope. I was in tear, not because I was sad, cause it felt like some idiot have pour tons of chilli powder in my right eyes.

I immediately parked my motorbike and got off to examine my face in the mirror. There lies the dead body of the honorable and Garang Little Honey Bee sticking disgustingly on the right side of my nose and just millimeters away is the Garang Honey Bee's sting, still pulsating all the "wonder juice" into my face. "中马票都没那么准! Strike Lottery also not so accurate!" I just got stung by a bee, first time in my life!?




As any military personnal or civil servant will, I followed SOP, Standard Operating Procedues at proceeded to my Base Medical Center. Was examine by a pretty young Captain MO (Medical Officer) and promptly send to the treatment room. As the sting was on the face and near to the eye, the MO was worried about any complication that might follows and decided to gave me a Jab of 50ml of "I don't know what but pain as hell" injection. I was held back for 2 long hours in the sick bay for the MO to observe my condition, connected all sorts of gadget, heart rate meter, blood pressure meter. Will I become blind in my right eye? Will there be brain damage? Will I die? Nothing happen....I was released after 2 hours with 2 days MC.

Whee.....2 days MC. Ha ha... Thank you Little Honey Bee
23/02/06

Dear blog,

I woke up with great plans to take advantage of todays MC. I almost fainted when I look at myself in the mirror. Is this me or what?


The place I kanna stung have swelled over night and I look like a totally different person. An alien! Wah lau, cannot go out liao. Now I really have empathy for people who are disfigured. Must go see doctor again but wah lau, paiseh to step out of my house leh....

Heng ah, when I don my specks, my disfigurement don't look so obvious. A bit of a research on the internet reveal that swelling will follow after any insects sting. And just so unfortunately the sting is near my right eye where the skin is pretty thin, thus the swelling tends to spread wider, all the way to my left eye area. Went to consult a private GP and was given more medication and another day of MC. Even if I am capable of going to work, I doubt I will get pass the security at my Air Base entrance with this face of mine.

Damn Little Honey Bee, make me spend S$26 for medication. Will claim S$10 from my company. Fuck, should let me claim every single cent leh, that fucking Honey Bee is wondering around SAF compound, so SAF must be fully responsible mah cause its SAF property! ha ha....just joking lah, anyway the Bee die already. 死无对证

24/02/06

Dear Blog,

I think I look better today... Hopefully the medication does its job and prevent any futher swelling. Need to go out on Saturday leh...


No comments: