Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My best friend wedding....

Few months ago, I have the joy and honour of attending my life first friend's wedding. In fact it was Renhan, one of the brother of the 9 Dragon Clan. My heart was fill of happiness for the occasion, so much so that I am oblige to go on stage to sing not one but two songs for my dear brother and his wife.

Few days ago, I again experience the same joy and honour of attending my life second friend's wedding. In fact it was Liting, one of the sister of the 9 Dragon Clan. My heart was full of happiness for the occasion but this time not really keen to go on stage again. Hmmm...seems to be repeating myself.... ha ha. It was Liting and her husband, Chee Kiong, BIG day last sunday and it was the usual fanfare of food and music but with a uniquely different atmosphere.

2 wedding in a year and a baby coming very soon courtesy of Renhan and his wife, suddenly it just seems like time fly past so very quickly and people around me have become husband and wife, father and mother. I am sure there will be a few more marriage happening with friends around me within this 2 years. And you know the funny thing about Chinese marriage? It is like the last occasion that you can get Ang Bow, tons of it, before you forever upgrade to giving Ang Bow forever.

Time flies and sometime I felt I have become a bit stagnant in my life. Just suddenly, probably due to the wedding and the fact that all the friends I met on last sunday wedding are either married or attached, I felt like I need a women in my life, a companion, a life partner to share my success, trial and triabulation. Maybe add a little spark to my life which at the moment is probably climbing out of its lowest point. Kinda regret not cherishing the ladies I been with in the past especially "HER", who I met during Poly times. Got too carried away with my school work, too discipline just because I signed on, that I totally ignore and blind of her affection towards me. Untill that very faithful day, the last day we ever met but it was the day when we both really got to have a really really long chat on anything under the sun.... So heart wrenching to hear her say "I really like you but I have to go now". Sob.... she is going back to her homeland and probably won't be seeing her again. I frankly was dumbstrucked when I heard the words coming out from her and could not stop stirring the coffee and thinking of what to reply her but that might be because she kept on talking all the way (she was kind of talkative, like my mum).

We did not met for the next two weeks untill the day she depart from Changi Airport. I did not meet her at the airport as I was in Tekong but I did gave her a call and chat for a while, telling her to contact me when she come back to visit Singapore. That night, I start to think of all that she did for me and realise I was a foolish man not able to see through her "hinting" and take action. That night I could not sleep at all but the next morning I cleared my IPPT 2.4km run at a record time of 8.54...WEIRD....

No comments: