Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The future is really bleak.

In a few days time, I will be visiting OCBC Bank to clear my debts with them once and for all. I am lucky enough that they will consider allowing me to settle the outstanding amount at a reduced lump sum of S$18,000. It was suppose to be S$22K+ Interest. Gladly, I saved or avoided paying S$4K++. Finally, I am out of one ordeal that have been a mental torture for me. Right here, I will really and sincerely like to thank "Garfield" Soh, my Air Force colleague who have gave me financial support at the moment with no question asked. Next, I am a very very grateful to Alfred, my brother, for temporary lending me some cash as a short term loan. My sis and my guardian have also been very kind and understanding and provided all the necessary help needed in times of need although everything that happen was due to my folly and misjudgement. To this people and many others who have been quietly supporting and praying for me, I am forever grateful to your guys (gals). Just when I am so disappointed with how the world have dealt its blow against me, I saw lights in the darkness....

Having known that the bank debts will be settled is just only a temporary relieve for me. As you see, whatever loan I got is not for free. I suppose my life will be undergoing big changes, unwillingly on my part. All my plans will be on a temporary 4~5 years hold as I consolidate my position after this major "Battle" and try to recover. The first thing on my priority list is to return all the loans I took, regardless of friends, relative or siblings. This is going to be a very tough change as I have got use to the "Regular" salary and "Regular" lavish spendings. Somehow I have to relegate myself to a secondary school student spendings habit, temporary. I just hope that I will not screw up on my job that I will be gainfully employed for another 9 years. THAT, the screw up issue, I am very scared of right now. The Bank problem have just been settled at a great COST and when I less expected, I am implicated in some legal problem.

This legal problem, ironically, is the in the same package as this bank problem but with all the root cause going back to the same problem I mention last time. If the charges press against me were sucessful, I will have to pay a maximum fine of S$4000. Not only that, it could cost me my job as Civil Servant cannot be fined more than S$1000. Sorry, if the detail of the charges is not mention to you cause it will take another full length of this blog, its just some road tax and car insurance "not paid" issues. The issue is so serious (can cost my job!) that I have to spend money to get a lawyer to help me. Talk about when you are almost pennyless and still spending money to save your own butts....sigh

The bank were after me last time, now the law? GOD HELP ME PLEASE. Last time, I never expect that I can get so screw up in life. Got a Diploma, achieve very good results in Poly, High Flyer as a trainee in Air Force School, a secured good paying job...it all look so good. Just that 1 wrong decision making thrown me down this pit that I am so worried I can never climb out off.

---MAY GOD HAVE COMPASSION AND HELP ME THROUGH---

No comments: