Tuesday, September 21, 2004

STAND AND EARN MONEY but not a chicken

Today work can be consider the most unproductive so far in my 4 months of work. I was basically standing and using eye power to watch my seniors doing their work. Beside lunch time when I could really use my hands to work for my stomach, the rest of the day my eye is the only one working. I felt so guilty not to get invole in doing some aircraft maintainence work but my senior were just too eager to work than bother about letting me (and my buddy who is also a junior) to get some hands on experience. I end up chatting with my buddy, who I always call him Garfield, while the rest were working. Er...actually its not as bad as I think, occasionally we still lend some hands and legs like passing them tools, helping them to clean up work areas and return tools. Just felt so demoralize of been under utilize. I can't just stand there and earn my salary right? Lets just hope this is the last time this things happen.

Just recently brought a 80s Cartoon "Patlabor" 机动警察。Been watching it for the past few weeks. Its a cartoon I use to watch when I was young, in primary school but have no chance to really finish it due to school commitment and also not able to understand the story much due to my age. The anime trace the story of Special Vehicle Unit 2 (a robot police squad) experience with using robot call AV-8 Ingram Patlabor to fight crime committed by robots call "labors". Just a little background story here, the anime is set in the future where human use robots to work for them not only for good but also as a crime tools... thats where Patlabor step in to put a stop to, often with undesirable, amusing outcome. Well, you gonna watch it to appreciate.

No comments: