Saturday, October 17, 2009

A one week break.

Left the office late on Friday. Well, in fact leaving at 5 o'clock when there are no job and no business (which is a good thing for my organization) on a Friday is considered late. While the rest of the guys have to attend yet another organized sports event, I quietly leave the office after clearing some outstanding and leaving behind an "Out Of Office" message in my office e-mail account. No trying to sound like I am working in an air con office environment but we Senior Technician, soon to be glorified as Junior Engineer under MDES, do need the double edge sword of communication for work to be done;- Office E-mail. Love it or hate it, I admit things do get done when E-mail are properly used.

Yet another week of leave for me to take a break from the BS at work. Those BS got to stay at the bay temporary till I come back though. I term them Important but not urgent matters in accordance to the guidelines from "7 Habits Of Effective People".

Two more days of school on Monday and Tuesday. Its Monday Engineering Material and the dreadful Tuesday Advance Calculus and Statistic. Wednesday to Friday I'll be heading to Tioman for a short holiday although I wish I was in Bali or Phuket. Anyway, as long there is the sun, the beach and the sea plus the sea creatures, I'll be fine with any beach resort. On a budget as well, thus got to keep my option limited. Won't be doing any Scuba Diving this time round for the companions on my trip do not have a dive license and I don't wanna look anti-social wandering off for my own diving adventure for sea turtles. Will have my snorkel, mask and fins ready just for some snorkelling and attempts at Skin Diving (Diving without Air Tank).

School activity been winding down in tempo recently. The next major events of concern will be the examination happening in November. I had already started my revision this week and looks like a rough road ahead till the exams are over. The University Dean was right, I realize its gonna be a long marathon of an education experience for me. 3 years? 4 years? 5 years? I'm really not confident how long I will take or if I might run out of steam in the middle and take a long break to work in United States again for the $$$$ for the $$$$ for the $$$$. At less I got off to a good start with the results from 1st semester :)

Eagerly waiting for the next school break from November to December. My unfinish Gundam model kit, My car ram air intake project, another diving trip perhaps, books to read, swimming, couple of PC wallpaper designing, Homebrew setup for my Wii... all waiting in the line.

No comments: