Sunday, June 07, 2009

Back from Tioman Scuba Dive

Phew...I am damn tired but I had the time of my life beneath the sea of Tioman. 5 dives over the weekend, a total 2 hours and 13 mins of underwater time. I must had seen hundreds of fish and corals but also passing by thousand others while figuring how to move properly underwater. This is a first time experience but its an experience well worthwhile and I'm glad I made the decision (and commit the money) to learn Scuba Diving. Oh yes... I kanna couple of Coral cut and scrapes plus two sea urchin sting but I guess thats just a natural exchange process between an inexperience diver and the marine life.

I am now a certified open water diver. Like a new driver with P-Plate, I am restricted to a depth of 18m and require to dive with the lead of a dive master for future leisure dive. I will be going for the Advance Open Water Course end of the month. The license to dive aside, this 3 days had also been a time of friendship making with both Singaporean and foreign newbie and experience divers who are my company through the trip. Its great to have everyone onboard and I like to thanks Bjorn , Sebastian(my 15 years old dive buddy) , Henrick, Fauzan, Lee Ying, Leonard (thanks for the "camel"), Palm and not to forget the wonderful instuctors from Waikiki Dive Center Robin and Harshil for making this trip a pleasant one. The underwater experience will not be a complete one without their human touch to it.

Home sweet home right now back in my Yishun apartment. Time to sort out the pictures and share with my dive companion and also to you guys. Hoping that this will encourage you to pick up Scuba Diving which is a great new experience in every way. Lee Ying got all the underwater pictures though because she invested in a underwater camera case. I took all the out of water pictures and will end this blog with one group photo taken by Divemaster - Harshil...

The newbie openwater diver - (From Left) Henrick, Sebastian, Bjorn, Riccardo, Fauzan and Lee Ying.


We may not meet again but its a happy end to another chapter of my life.

No comments: