Thursday, August 07, 2008

Packing up for Holiday

Alright here is the plan for tonight. First I need to get off work early! When I reach home, I will start packing my clothings, toiletries, Nintendo DS Lite, Japanese Phrase Book, PDA, PDA Keyboard, some medication and finally the very important camera chargers for my Japan Tour II.

Will be flying off in the evening of Friday and since I will not be working the whole of Friday, I guess I will be using those free time to plan on my itinerary. Have not really give serious thought about it and was on the impression that I will just dive into the tour and plan it along the way. One of the places I like to visit will be the Imperial Palace in Tokyo. Funny thing, my last trip to Tokyo, I never even alight at Tokyo station to explore that area. Since it I will be spending Sunday in Tokyo, its a good opportunity to immerse in the COS-PLAY culture at Harajuku, yet another of those theme I miss out during my last trip. Akihabara will be a definite visit by me as I got a bit of Otaku cultured blood in me. Beside landing my hands on a couple more Revoltech toys, I'll be checking out vinyl wall posters to decorate my bedroom. If time allows from the standard tour itinerary, I like to revisit Ueno Park or the Yasukuni Shrine, where the Japan's war dead are commemorate.

Since I got the Palm PDA bluetooth keyboard which is ultra-portable and works in conjunction with my Palm PDA. I will be writing a electronic journal of my trip each day. No more lugging of heavy laptops around this time round.

Hmm... just want to share something interesting at work. While working at the hanger, we turn on the radio and cannot clearly receive broadcast from most Singapore radio station. Turn out eventually that a certain radio station broadcasting Cantonese song can be clearly received. Later we found out that its actually a Malaysian radio station probably base in Johor.

No comments: