Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My 25th Birthday cum Farewell Dinner




12th of Novemeber, another year have past and I have yet again grown a year older but not an inch taller or a pound heavier. Thanks to my wonderful colleague for the arrangement, I celebrated my birthday for the first time in a foreign land. Usually it was always a small, less fanfare home celebration cum cake cutting ceremony with my own family. This year was a bit different, we have a birthday dinner at Hooters and not only for myself but also a farewell dinner for Encik Teng and Hwa Chuan who will be heading back to Singapore this month, ending their 2 years tour of duty in US.

When you are in a foreign land, your families are your friends and great colleagues from the base. I still did not miss a cake cutting ceremony this year thanks to Kok Meng, Mun Kiat, Shirlene and Ricky for holding a simple dinner last friday at Mun Kiat and Shirlene (his wife) home.

Happy Birthday To Me!
Ice Cream Cakes are for Me!
Happy Birthday To Me Me!
Happy Birthday To ME!

Dinner at Hooters was really fun. Althought the food were SO-SO but the waitress were pretty and very very friendly. Of course we did not wanna miss the oppurtunity to take photos with all this pretty babes around. And in RT tradition, our farewell dinner is always held at Hooters and a group photo to remember the event is a must. For the many US farewell dinner we got in the past, our section displays the photo proudly as a symbol of Unity and also remembrance for the guys who have already ORDed....




No comments: