Saturday, March 18, 2006

Same old friends. Brand new personality and look.

Last saturday, I bump into an old secondary school-mate while window shopping at the IT SHOW 2006. She called out my name from her sales booth but I was pretty blur when she mention that she is Shi Qi. Hmmm.....Shi Qi from NVSS, seriously I only have the slightest hint of who she is. In any case, me the friendly guy as usual, strike a chat with her because she look quite "chio" and ask many many question just to narrow down the selection of secondary school girl_friends that I never met since graduating in the year 1997. Bid farewell and continue with my shopping but in the back of my mind, still pondering who exactly is that "chio bu" I just chat with. We chat for so long like long lost friend like that when actually we might not have met with each other much during secondary school time but you know what, I actually learn that she is still in close contact with couple of other NVSS friends I knew. Xiao Wei, Shan Shan, Pei Pei, Pauline (hmmm....quiet quiet one), Johnson, Jason...blar blar blar. Got invited to join in for a birthday dinner c.u.m Karaoke session to celebrate the twins, Shan Shan's and Pei Pei's birthday. Speaking of them, I think I have not seen them for ages too...

I went home and start to flip through the NVSS year book given to us before graduation. Than it struck me!!! I found out who she is!!! Oh my god, so reserve and quiet and super low profile back than and now....just look at her! 脱离苦海! and also quite chatty.

17th March 2006. Eagerly I head off to meet the girls for dinner and karaoke session. "Eager" not because that I have been told by shi qi that the twins are single but "Eager" because I will soon be leaving Singapore for two long years and could treat this like a gathering with old friends especially Shan Shan, my Sec 4 classmate. The twin are my old friends back in NVSS times and also fellow choir members. Pretty nice,reserved and quiet girls back than but now.... ha ha.... the moment I sat down beside them and Shi Qi at the dinner table, it immediately become a market. Chatty but very very sociable girls they are now, probably due to their commitment with the SOKA club and lots of interaction with others. Jolly good fun. We also have Johnson and his new girlfriend "Eedina" joining us and also Xiao Wei who currently is happily together with Derrick Chua. I concluded that all of them liked baked rice except me, eating Lame Chop (From "I am not stupid too" --Lamb chop lah!!!). Xiao Wei ordered an Ice Cream cake for the twins 25th birthday ceremony. 25th birthday cake in their life...


Birthday girls

Next came the Karaoke session. I love singing but understand how much my voice have de-graded due to social smoking and drinking (yes, its pretty damaging). Sang quite a lot of duet. Duet singing was especially fun with Xiao Wei, both of us act like we are a loving pair in the MTV...very comical. Opps...paiseh to Derrick. I must comment that all the girl are pretty good singer especially the twins, they can transform any song into a duet, taking turn to sing. Very good 默契.


Super Comical...like drama


Ladies night

A very memorable day for me to meet up with so many old friends at once and to see that all of them have change so much and for the better.


Full attendance for the day

No comments: