Thursday, January 26, 2006

26th Jan 2006

Dear Blog,

Just another moment that I suddenly feel like writing blog in an impulse basis. Adhoc, impulse, out of the moment, whatever lah.

My current MP3 playlist is mostly songs from FireBomber featuring songs from the Japanese animation Macross 7. You should me a fan of Macross series. Been watching the first Macross series (through downloads of course) which was aired on TV in the 80s, a Macross Movie: Do You Remember Love, Macross Plus, Macross Zero (whee!!!! Finally, a 3D version of VF-1S Valkyrie) and now Macross 7 which I have just finish with the last episode. Nice music in all this different series. I bet my next target should be buying and assembling Macross robots model kits.

Talking about Model kit, it seems I have more Gundam and only 1 lonly Macross...

Gundam RX-78. Fix Figurine


Zaku Fix Figurine

Gundam EZ8, Assembled model from the animation 8th MS Team

RX-78 Gundam, Assembled Model. This is the "Special Coating" Version


VF-1S Valkyrie from Macross-Fighter version


VF-1S have transformed to Gerwalk version

I know how it is when you were young and can only afford to window shopping at the local toy store, I am so desperate to get those toys home to play but do not have the money and my parents were pretty restrictive on spendings for toys. Eventually I resort to carefully opening the packaging just to get a close feel of the toys. If I were to have my way than, I could have the whole collection of Transformer, Starcom, Centurion, Mask, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghost Buster toys, Legos.

Alas, Riccardo grew up, study hard than went to work for some government organization. With a monthly salary close to 2K coupled with Performance bonus, mid year bonus, year end bonus I could have went for toy shopping every weekend. Sadly the strong desire for "Collect them all" have been dampen by the realization that Riccardo was already a grown up man (or is he) and its time to be the filial child, to take care of his parents and the household needs. Yet again, its not the issue of whether Riccardo is in good financial position or not, its just that Riccardo was so hard programmed to save for raining days. Especially for contingency that Riccardo experience in the past that need to drain my so call "National Reserve".

Last time got time, no money. Now got money, got time, but cannot any how spend. Wah.....

Talking about money. Have you ever felt a time when you spend money on something and later regret it? Its call spending on Impulse or spending by the devil. At that moment of time the devil (your impulse and desire and emotional) make you commit the money while the angel (rational thinking, calculative) is totally weaken. I like to say that there is always the Devil and the Angel involvment in our decision making. When the Devil took over your mind, you don't seems to have any control over your action untill its over when the Devil is gone and the Angel appear to tell you "Hey, what the fuck you just did? Its wrong ok? Don't do it again." Thats realization and regret. I think we all must strengthen the Angel and weaken the devil and in Religion will we find the methods. Buddhist, Taoist, Christian, Catholic, Hindu, Islam...its only through constant prayer, studies, commitment and devotion can we all strengthen the Angel in our heart. Not just a once in a month or once in a week affair. The daily thoughts of god will ultimately prevent us from frequently stumbling into the dark like others.

Wah, very chim hor?

No comments: