Monday, October 31, 2005

A Close Shave!!!

Just another day at work, I thought until the moment I rode my Honda Wave 125cc bike out of Toranto Gate which is the only gate leading in and out of the service road to Sembawang Air Base.


The traffic light have turn green in front of me and I rode off like any road user do when they see the green light. Suddenly my entire 180 degree view in front of me was covered by a BIG WHITE object! Luckily my animal instinct works within a millionth of a second allowing me to take evasive action (break left) to avoid a collision! Ironically I was pretty calm and could still look around and spotted the BIG WHITE house moving type of lorry which is still calmly moving forward. Unluckily for 2nd Warrent Officer Leong, his Nissan Sunny 1.6A did not have much agility to avoid a side collision with the lorry. That stupid lorry driver though he is driving Ferrari and think he could beat the red light....tsk tsk tsk.

I thought of giving that lorry driver a piece of my mind for nearly destroying my beloved motorbike and almost taking away my parents only son. All my 4 letter grammer and vocabulary from Verb to noun to adjective almost kick into action if not for the fact that the driver came out quickly and keep on saying sorry sorry sorry to both of us and for the fact that I am in a Military uniform which make swearing a breach of the SAF 7 core values of "Discipline" and "Ethnic". Beside a few pieces of glass and car bumper debris, no one was hurt. In the end everyone resolve the crisis peacefully... I was the made the witness of the accident (phew...), 2nd Warrent Officer Leong and his Nissan Sunny was the Victim and the lorry driver is going to PAP (Pay and Pay).

I gave my contacts to 2WO Leong and the lorry driver before continuing on my way home. Wah lau, really must thank 大伯公,马祖,关公,观音,天公,土地公 and the many many god I prayed every morning before work....if they have not slow down my bike, the lorry would have hit head on into me..... just a second faster I will be history.

大难不是,必有后福。("Surviving from Disaster will bring great fortune"), so this Wednesday I am going to buy 4D for my bike, the lorry and the Nissan Sunny plate number.

No comments: