Sunday, September 04, 2005

What? Sell cheap cheap also cannot?

What the fish. Today I have one competitor who is also selling the same product as I am, taking advantage of the telephone number I posted on my ad to call me and F*** me up! Apparently he is not happy that I am selling my product "NO WET WATERLESS CONCEPT" car wash at S$27, way below the RRP of S$32.90 and member price of S$29.90. He treaten to call the distributor to cut the supplies to me if I continue selling at that price. Well I just tell him to go ahead cause I am actually selling this product to my friends only and also to some "stranger" customer who chance upon my Yahoo Auction ads. To me, this small little business is just a learning experience for me, I just like to know how its like to be a salesman promoting a product that is very very new to the market. It is also an oppurtunity to hone my "convincing"skills for a product that will be met with lots of skeptism.

I am sure no one believe that you can wash/clean your car/bikes without water right and most will think that without water, the paint work will be scratch by debris? This is the kind of customer's mental barrier that any salesman of the product have to break. In my case it involve LIVE demostration, use of product brochures and backing the claim with very good scientific fact with regards to the ingredients in the product. Also, selling this new product at a lower price can generate more sales and more people to use it and eventually this people will be satisfied with the results and come back to buy the product again! This time, the price will be raise abit due to more demand and due to a solid support for the product. Thus, to introduce a new product to the market, sometimes the salesman have to sell with peanuts profit or even a slight lost so as to create the first customer base. Its like catching fish....must use bait one. People like cheap cheap thing mah....

Ok, enough of the product talk stuff...I am not here to do promotion. Just really really bewildered why sell expensive people complain, now sell cheap cheap also got people complain? Damn, NTUC current selling White Bass fish at S$1.07/KG and ABC Supermarket (there is really an ABC supermarket) selling at S$1.15. Do you think ABC will call NTUC and Kao Pe Kao Bu!? Even though the fish came from the same supplier, i don't think its the supplier concern how much the dealer is selling the fish. The dealer can sell at a lost and the supplier won't give a damn cause supplier have already earn the profit before hand.

Now I sell cheap and eventually (if I continue with this line) more people buy from me. I am sure the last two party left laughing happily are the distributor and me. The competitor can just go home and sleep liao...

No comments: