Friday, April 17, 2009

GOSH!!! Matchmaking session!

Maybe I am getting so old its starting to be a concern to my parents. Yesterday, they invited their Hainanese friends and their daughter over to my home in an attempt to match make us!!! It was 11.30pm. In the past few days my dad is already urging me to contact this girl and date her while she is still in Singapore for vacation. I really put my palm to my forehead and sighed... gosh... this is modern times and how in the world did the idea of traditional match making got into their head?

I am really really uneasy about it but I can't say no to the Hainanese family visit out of respect for my concern dad. I'm 27 years old and the last thing on my mind was actually settling down and getting married. I'm not even eager why should mum and dad? This is a rather amusing situation. Of course I got to play the gentleman role and at less chat with their daughter over a wide range of unrelated topics otherwise it make her felt lost. To be frank, pretty nice looking and mama girl. Born in the year of Rabbit (like dad). Got a nice birthday too on the Chinese Lunar Festival (oriental valentine day). No wonder mum and dad like her so much. Geez... of course I try not to give any sign I am interested in her but also not give her the bo-chup look making her embarrassed about the late night visit.

In my mind, there are only one thing that will happen upon choosing the path of this matchmake. Pressure to tie the knot, Married, Babies, buy house, Cash flow issue, Stuck in RSAF for sure till retirement to secure rice bowl and becoming a father...all within 2 years.

Well, a man still got many good years ahead despite hitting 30s in 3 years time. I find this an interesting experience though. Nice or not, I think there are things I need to achieve in life that might have to put family making on the hold. With that I apologize to our Singapore government for not doing my part of population growth.

3 comments:

Elvin said...

Fengshui books says rooster and rabbit are in direct conflict. From personal experience and observation, rooster and rabbit can make quite good combination.

Unknown said...

How about Rooster and Tiger? One of my girl friend is a Tiger! hahaah. Tiger eat rooster?

Elvin said...

Don't think rooster and tiger are good combination. I have been on job with an assistant (female) who is born in the year of tiger. Those jobs all got problem. Maybe, it's the person. All the jobs she touched will have problem. She has left about a year ago and I hope I don;t have to see her again. For rooster, dragon, snake and ox are the best.